"This is one of my favorite ways to serve fish," says Kathleen Plake of Fort Wayne, Indiana. "I'm originally from Louisiana, where much of the food is spicy. So I like the spark that the chili powder and green chilies give this good-for-you baked fillets."
- 2 pounds haddock fillets
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Place fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over fish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Haddock in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Haddock
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review