- 1/2 cup bourbon or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 12 slices
- In a small saucepan, combine the bourbon, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice; rub over pork slices.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spiced Pork Medallions with Bourbon Sauce(11)
Sort By :
My husband said this was one of the best things I have ever made! We both loved it!
Quick and delicious. I used kentucky style whiskey and turned out great. I also added a little red pepper flakes to the sauce. Definitely will make again. To the other reviewer about using Brandy instead of bourbon, I don't see why not, the alcohol burns off anyway.
This is one of those recipes you read and have to go out and get the ingredients and have that very night! It was fantastic!! It didn't look like enough spice to go around, but it was. Wouldn't want any more chili powder than it had. The meat cooked for 4 minutes on each side. Try it.....you'll like it!
I have a question, could you substitute Brandy for bourbon?
How much bourbon
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >