Spiced Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until the berries pop and mixture is thickened, about 30 minutes. Cool. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Spiced Cranberry Sauce(6)
Sort By :
Made this for Thanksgiving and everyone raved and wanted the recipe. It was delicious.
I found this recipe in 2009 and my family wants it each year since then. Spicy, sweet, tart and just great.
I made this for friends on Thanksgiving, and had such great comments about it that I made it again for my family for Christmas dinner. I make it the night before I need it, since then it is well set and the flavor of the spices really comes out.
I made this last Thanksgiving, and just made it again for this one. I tastes as good as it smells. It is great on a left over turkey sandwich also.
will be making it for the third year in a row. just added 1 can of manderine oranges.