I like to dress up simple greens with a unique olive dressing. Serving the salad in martini glasses and the dressing in a shot glass makes for a fun presentation.—Pamela Clark, Bonaire, Georgia
- 1 medium lemon
- 8 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 8 frilled toothpicks
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 shallot, halved
- 6 pimiento-stuffed olives plus 1/4 cup juice from the jar, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vodka or additional white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- Cut lemon in half lengthwise; cut one half into eight thin wedges. Thread olives and lemon wedges onto toothpicks for garnishes; set aside.
- Using the lemon half, moisten the rims of eight large cocktail glasses. Sprinkle salt on a plate; hold glasses upside down and dip rims into salt. Divide the salad greens, tomatoes, onion and sliced olives among prepared glasses. Top each with a prepared toothpick.
- In a food processor, combine shallot and olives; cover and process until finely chopped. Add the vinegar, vodka, olive juice and lemon juice; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Divide among eight shot glasses; serve with salads. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spectacular Dirty Martini Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p61
Reviews for Spectacular Dirty Martini Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review