Sweet and Tangy Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 jar (8 ounces) whole baby corn, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cucumber, corn, artichokes, olives, red pepper and onion. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into vegetable mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 332 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 29, 2014
This is a great pot luck salad. It is the one that everyone requests, for all family and event gatherings
Jul 11, 2010
This is very easy to prepare and very refreshing. I did not have marinated artichoke hearts, so I had to substitute regular canned artichoke hearts. They should be chopped, not left whole.