My husband and son love ground geef in every way. It's versatile and delicious in so many recipes. With an assortment of toppings, these enchilas are a meal by themselves.—Corine Kirscher, Auburn, Washington
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Diced avocado, sliced ripe olives, shredded lettuce, sour cream and/or taco sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Set aside 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning; add remaining seasoning to beef. Stir in 3/4 cup water; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute rice mix in butter over medium heat until golden brown. Add the tomatoes, contents of rice seasoning packet and remaining water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in beef mixture.
- Spread over tortillas to within 1/2 in. of edge. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine tomato sauce and reserved taco seasoning; pour over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 enchiladas.
Originally published as Spanish Rice Enchiladas in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p294
Reviews for Spanish Rice Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review