- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook bacon; drain and crumble, then set aside. Combine eggs, Parmesan cheese and cream in a small bowl. Drain spaghetti and return to cooking pan. Stir in egg mixture. Quickly toss and cook until egg mixture is done and coats spaghetti. Stir in bacon and serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Eggs and Bacon(11)
Sort By :
I made this recipe as it was written but served with pesto on the side for my family to add as they pleased. Another reviewer's addition of onion when frying the bacon along with fresh ground pepper would be something I'd try if I make this again. I always add garlic paste along with a dash of salt when cooking pasta, so I would not need to add garlic to the onion/bacon mixture. Overall I liked it, but without the pesto, it was a little bland. Note: I used 1/2 of a 16 oz. box of thin spaghetti but didn't use all of the egg, cream, cheese mixture. Maybe would try using the entire box the next time or a thicker noodle such as fettucini.
Looking forward to trying this..I love to eat healthy, but eating healthy does not mean complete abstinence from fat... I love that taste of home includes this type of recipe. Thank you...
I haven't made it yet but I plan on it,sounds really yummy to me,I think it would be good to with some green onions in it to..
I added some chopped onion and a few cloves of minced garlic when I was frying the bacon. (I add garlic to almost everything!) I also added fresh ground pepper and salt to the egg mixture.
The next day I added some white wine while reheating the 're-runs' and that added yet another flavor.
TEN stars if possible!!
I used fat free half n half, omitted the bacon (bc I didn't have any on hand), and used a little bit of basil pesto for the strong flavor (heart healthy omega-3's). Have been looking for a carbonara recipe for awhile and am SOO happy to have one that I can make! Plan to substitute whole wheat pasta and omit bacon next time. Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >