- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions in a 6-qt. stockpot. In a small saucepan, whisk eggs and cream until blended. Cook over low heat until a thermometer reads 160°, stirring constantly (do not allow to simmer). Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- Drain spaghetti; return to stockpot. Add sauce and bacon; toss to combine. Serve immediately. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Eggs and Bacon
Sort By :
"I was really hungry one morning and decided to make a much smaller version of this dish, and was blown away... I didn't have any bacon but it was really nice and smooth and creamy, and very satisfying. Yum. This field editor says "Bravo!""
"I made this recipe as it was written but served with pesto on the side for my family to add as they pleased. Another reviewer's addition of onion when frying the bacon along with fresh ground pepper would be something I'd try if I make this again. I always add garlic paste along with a dash of salt when cooking pasta, so I would not need to add garlic to the onion/bacon mixture. Overall I liked it, but without the pesto, it was a little bland. Note: I used 1/2 of a 16 oz. box of thin spaghetti but didn't use all of the egg, cream, cheese mixture. Maybe would try using the entire box the next time or a thicker noodle such as fettucini."
"Looking forward to trying this..I love to eat healthy, but eating healthy does not mean complete abstinence from fat... I love that taste of home includes this type of recipe. Thank you..."
"I haven't made it yet but I plan on it,sounds really yummy to me,I think it would be good to with some green onions in it to.."
"Excellent Carbonara!!I added some chopped onion and a few cloves of minced garlic when I was frying the bacon. (I add garlic to almost everything!) I also added fresh ground pepper and salt to the egg mixture.The next day I added some white wine while reheating the 're-runs' and that added yet another flavor.TEN stars if possible!!"