- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 pound orange roughy, haddock or red snapper fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, parsley, salt, pepper and cumin. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth; gradually pour into the skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the fish, tomato and broccoli. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and toss with olives. Serve with fish mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Fish Supper in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p23
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spaghetti Fish Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review