Soy-Ginger Chicken Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 4 chicken drumsticks (about 1 pound), skin removed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot (about 2 inches), peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked rice and minced fresh cilantro
- Place chicken, carrots and green onions in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, vinegar, coriander and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour juices into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice; sprinkle servings with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Soy-Ginger Chicken(2)
Sort By :
Really good! The only thing I would do differently next time would be to add some stir fry veggies. Something to add a bit of crunch and freshness. Fair warning--the smell will make you hungry ALL DAY!!
Very, very good....smells wonderful in the house when it's cooking. The flavors all blend beautifully.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice >