I prefer main dishes that enable me to stay on my diet but still eat what the rest of the family eats. This stew is a hit with my husband and our young children. —Stephanie Wilson of Helix, Oregon
- 1-1/2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cubed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) turkey chili with beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, brown turkey in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the chili, tomatoes, peppers, onion, salsa, garlic, chili powder, salt and cumin.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Turkey Stew in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p27
Reviews for Southwest Turkey Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review