- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until combined. Pour half the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half of topping over batter. Add remaining batter and topping. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Streusel Coffee Cake
"I've made this recipe twice now and I probably won't make it again. It's too dry. I think it should probably have butter or something cut into the topping to make it less so.Additionally, I have complaints about the recipe itself. First, there is no "pour" of the batter as the recipe says. It's scrape it into the pan and then carefully spread it to all the corners because the batter is so thick. Which leads me to the next complaint - there is no way this could be made in a 9x13 pan. The first time I made it, I fortunately recognized there was not enough batter and put it in a 9x9. It just barely fit in a 9x9 and probably would have been easier in an 8x8 or small cake pan. Also, the picture accompanying this recipe is very misleading. The cake doesn't even turn out as thick as it is in the picture when made in a 9x9."
"I brought this to my brothers for Easter brunch today. It received rave reviews from the entire family! I set the timer for 35 minutes for baking to get use to my brand new oven. It was done in that time. The coffee cake was moist and flavorful. I will make this again in the future!!!"
"I made this recipe and found i was out of sour cream boo hoo. Well i subbed plain yogurt and did omit the nuts. I doubled the topping and it turned out very good. Nit real sweet sweet and my husband loved it. A keeper"
"I have doubled and tripled this recipe with perfect results every time. Added dried cranberries and Orange zest. And also one with blueberries. And one with raspberries. If you alter a recipe even the slightest bit and it fails don't blame the recipe."
"Tried this for the 1st time and the batter was indeed a challenge - almost seemed like there wasn't enough batter to do 2 whole layers in a 9x13 pan. Next time I might try increasing the recipe for the batter and see how that works out. But I got rave reviews."