- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until combined. Pour half the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half of topping over batter. Add remaining batter and topping. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Streusel Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"I have doubled and tripled this recipe with perfect results every time. Added dried cranberries and Orange zest. And also one with blueberries. And one with raspberries. If you alter a recipe even the slightest bit and it fails don't blame the recipe."
"Tried this for the 1st time and the batter was indeed a challenge - almost seemed like there wasn't enough batter to do 2 whole layers in a 9x13 pan. Next time I might try increasing the recipe for the batter and see how that works out. But I got rave reviews."
"Except for the stress of spreading the thick batter to cover the pan, this is outstanding! Husband and son both raved! I made it exactly as written."
"I halved the recipe and used an 8x8 pan to bake it. I baked it for 30 minutes, and it turned out ok, but a little dry. Also, the streusel part of the cake would have been much better without the nuts, and with some butter cut into the mixture to soften it, as it added to the dryness of the cake. I might make this again with some adjustments, but overall, I wasn't very impressed."
"This is the best coffee cake I've ever made. Great flavor and very moist. It will be my go to coffee cake recipe."