"It's a snap to prepare these beefed-up sandwiches that get their fast flavor from onion soup mix and cheddar cheese," remarks Erlene Cornelius from Spring City, Tennessee. At just 47 cents a serving, they're economical as well.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and soup mix; heat through. Stir in cheese until melted. Place about 1/3 cupful on each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Souper Joes in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p22
Reviews for Souper Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review