A savory, sweet sauce with a touch of currant jelly glazes these yummy little sausages. They make a great appetizer, and both adults and kids seem to love these baby hot dogs. —Kathryn Bainbridge, PA Furnace, Pennsylvania
- 3/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 packages (1 pound each) miniature smoked sausages, drained
- In a large saucepan, combine the jelly, barbecue sauce and mustard. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, for 15-20 minutes or until jelly is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausages; stir to coat. Cover and cook 5-6 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: 8 dozen.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage Appetizers in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p19
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review