- 1 beef rump or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 carton (26 ounces) beef stock
- 12 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 6 ounces Havarti cheese, cut into 12 slices
- Cut roast in half. Mix onion powder, garlic powder and Creole seasoning; rub onto beef. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add stock. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. When cool enough to handle, shred beef with two forks and return to slow cooker.
- Place buns on ungreased baking sheets, cut side up. Using tongs, place beef on bun bottoms. Place cheese on bun tops. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Close sandwiches; serve with cooking juices. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Sort By :
Everyone loved this. Will make again.
French dip sandwiches are my favorite so I had high hopes for these. I was very disappointed. I cooked the meat for the minimum amount of time, rubbed with the exact amount of spices and ended up with dried out meat with no flavor. I'm not sure if I will attempt to ever make these again.
I like to put in some hot Italian peppers. Great recipe and will make again.
Very good, and very easy to make. It smells delicious while cooking, too. Make sure you toast the buns as directed... I skipped that step and regretted it due to the sandwiches getting soggy. I did use provolone cheese, but it was yummy nonetheless!
Very good! What a wonderful smell greeted me when I walked in the door on a cool evening after a long day at work. Maybe I shouldn't admit it, but this was the first time my husband and I had ever eaten Havarti cheese, we loved it with the sandwiches. I added some slow-cooked fresh green beans from our fall garden and some oven fries and we had a weeknight feast! I loved how easy it was to assemble in the crockpot, too.