I’m a stay-at-home mom, and the slow cooker helps me create dishes like this pork with a curry and cumin rub. I add a splash of coconut milk. —Beverly Peychal, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Featured In: 50 Skinny Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot or regular curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix seasonings. In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine vegetables, broth and 2 teaspoons seasoning mixture. Rub remaining seasoning mixture over roast; place over vegetables. Cook, covered, on low 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender (a thermometer inserted in roast should read at least 145°).
- Remove roast from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Curry Pork in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Slow Cooker Curry Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review