Even though a co-worker gave me this recipe more than 20 years ago, my family still enjoys it today. -Martha Nickerson of Hancock, Maine
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place paprika in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil in batches over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. Add the pineapple juice, onion, green pepper, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Add pineapple. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Sweet 'n' Sour Pork in Light & Tasty October 2005, p19
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Sweet 'n' Sour Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review