- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place paprika in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil in batches over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. Add the pineapple juice, onion, green pepper, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Add pineapple. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Sweet 'n' Sour Pork
Sort By :
"We normally love this type of meal, but this was just awful. I followed the recipe exactly and it just did not work for my family."
"This recipe was very easy to make, however, the taste was lacking for me. I thought it was a little bland. Probably won't be making this one again!"
"This was so spicy it was inedible. I was so disappointed. I thought about it all day while it was cooking and then it was awful. Way, way too much paprika."
"This was easy to prepare in the morning and let it cook all day...was super flavorful"