- 3 pounds beef top round steaks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Cut beef into thin strips. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, mustard and pepper. Add beef in batches; toss to coat.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer onion, mushrooms and beef. Pour broth over top. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until meat is tender. Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Stroganoff
"In an effort to economize, we sometimes use carne asada sliced meat and use only one pound, replacing the second pound by using a can of drained and rinsed garbanzo beans. Coat in the flour like the meat. It keeps the bulk and reduces the red meat. Still SO very excellent. Entire family, including the picky one, likes this recipe."
"Too much liquid. Had to thicken before serving. Also added more salt, garlic, sour cream. Won't make again."
"Had to throw it away. Fail."
"best stroganoff recipe for us hands down definite keeper"
"This was delicious and so easy!! I used stew meat, fresh mushrooms and mushroom broth. I ended up using more broth, so we just dumped the cooked noodles into the stroganoff - very yummy. This will be in our regular rotation!"