I've been preparing Stroganoff in the slow cooker for more than 20 years. Once you've done it this way, you'll never cook it on the stovetop again. It's great for family or company. —Karen Herbert, Placerville, California
- 2 beef top round steaks (about 3/4 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Cut round steaks into 3x1/2-in. strips. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, mustard and pepper. Add beef in batches; toss to coat.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer onion, mushrooms and beef. Pour broth over top. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until meat is tender. Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Stroganoff in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review