- 3 pounds beef top round steaks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. Cut beef into thin strips. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, mustard and pepper. Add beef in batches; toss to coat.
- 2. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer onion, mushrooms and beef. Pour broth over top. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until meat is tender. Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles.
4 ounces cooked beef (calculated without noodles): 275 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Mar 6, 2017
Fantastic!! I used fresh mushrooms, added garlic and chunked the beef.... this will become a regular in our house. Leftovers were even better!!! thanks for sharing......
Sep 5, 2016
Great taste but cannot get it to thicken much. Don't like cornstarch, I use flour and water. Any suggestions?
Aug 11, 2016
I was looking for a beef stroganoff recipe and found this one on the TOH website. It is easy to make and fantastic!! I omit the mushrooms because I am the only one in my family who likes them. Love the convenience of making beef stroganoff in the slow cooker. In my opinion, it is better the next day; sauce thickens and it looks more like the traditional stroganoff. I serve this over noodles. I freeze the leftover stroganoff and noodles together. It freezes very well; no loss of taste. I highly recommend.
Feb 28, 2016
In an effort to economize, we sometimes use carne asada sliced meat and use only one pound, replacing the second pound by using a can of drained and rinsed garbanzo beans. Coat in the flour like the meat. It keeps the bulk and reduces the red meat. Still SO very excellent. Entire family, including the picky one, likes this recipe.
Feb 25, 2016
Too much liquid. Had to thicken before serving. Also added more salt, garlic, sour cream. Won't make again.
Jan 19, 2016
Had to throw it away. Fail.
Jan 14, 2016
best stroganoff recipe for us hands down definite keeper
May 28, 2015
This was delicious and so easy!! I used stew meat, fresh mushrooms and mushroom broth. I ended up using more broth, so we just dumped the cooked noodles into the stroganoff - very yummy. This will be in our regular rotation!
Mar 11, 2015
everyone enjoyed.. very flavorfull
Feb 28, 2015
Delicious. Used fresh mushrooms.