- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Reduced-fat sour cream, thinly sliced green onions, cubed avocado, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese and chopped tomato, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Shred pork with two forks. Place about 1/2 cup pork mixture down the center of each tortilla. Serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
Sort By :
"Whole family loved it. The taste probably has a lot to do with the quality of the salsa used."
"I'm not sure where all the 5 star reviews came from. I didn't find this recipe very appealing. It wasn't bad, but it didn't provide a wow factor either. I won't be making this again."
"This was very good tasting. I could see using this for Panini's or like Cuban sandwiches"
"Especially enjoyed the change of pace with the salsa verde. Apricots didn't over-sweeten it as I was afraid."
"Simple, quick, and inexpensive. My whole family likes. We have not tried it with the apricots."