- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut roast in half. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork roast on all sides.
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over roast and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork Roast
Sort By :
looking for something different in the slow cooker with my pork roast. This fits the bill. The sauce is sweet and savory... very good!
I have made this recipe several times. My family loves it! The only change I make is to omit the lemon peel and smoke flavoring. Other than that, I keep it as is. I am never sure how long to cook it however, as the recipe says 6-7 hours and also 4 hours plus standing. I usually cook it the full time, but it always just falls apart. I think I will cut back the cooking time to 4-5 hours and see what happens. Delicious!!
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >