- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut roast in half. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork roast on all sides.
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over roast and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork Roast
Sort By :
"looking for something different in the slow cooker with my pork roast. This fits the bill. The sauce is sweet and savory... very good!"
"I have made this recipe several times. My family loves it! The only change I make is to omit the lemon peel and smoke flavoring. Other than that, I keep it as is. I am never sure how long to cook it however, as the recipe says 6-7 hours and also 4 hours plus standing. I usually cook it the full time, but it always just falls apart. I think I will cut back the cooking time to 4-5 hours and see what happens. Delicious!!"