- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced peaches, drained
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, undrained
- 1 jar (23 ounces) chunky applesauce
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Hot Fruit Salad
Sort By :
"I also reduce the amount of butter. Very good. We've had it over waffles before!"
"I have made this recipe numerous times for different groups. It's always a hit and have many requests for the recipe. I use brown sugar in place of the white and often use only half the amount of melted butter that is called for. You can uses other fruits or what you have on hand."
"This is such a comforting recipe. I've fixed it for numerous groups of people, and always have requests for the recipe. The only thing I've changed is I use brown sugar in place of white and sometimes I only use half the butter called for."
"Missed the cranberries...bananas were a good touch. I added before serving."
"I have made this recipe several times. Each time I received wonderful reviews and my crock pot was empty. I am making this today and it wasn't planned. I don't have all of the ingredients. No apricots or cranberries. I think I may add some sliced bananas and heat it on the stove."