- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) flour tortillas, torn
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce, soup and salt.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of the beef mixture, tortillas and cheese. Repeat the layers twice. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Enchilada Casserole
"This dish is fair if you are looking for something quick to throw in a crock pot. I will most likely not make this again."
"Not good. I think I'm spoiled from my homemade enchilada sauce. Will try again without the canned stuff. Tortillas also got soggy."
"We have made this several times and love it. This time we made it in the oven. We just layered it in a dutch oven and cooked at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Still amazing and allows for dinner without planning ahead."
"In our house my husband does the cooking, not me. But I thought this recipe sounded good, and looked easy enough. I tried it out, on a busy day. And the fact that you can leave it in the crockpot, and come home to dinner was ideal. My whole family loved it, and I was quite proud!"
"tastes like soup can special"