- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) flour tortillas, torn
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce, soup and salt.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of the beef mixture, tortillas and cheese. Repeat the layers twice. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Enchilada Casserole(4)
Sort By :
We have made this several times and love it. This time we made it in the oven. We just layered it in a dutch oven and cooked at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Still amazing and allows for dinner without planning ahead.
In our house my husband does the cooking, not me. But I thought this recipe sounded good, and looked easy enough. I tried it out, on a busy day. And the fact that you can leave it in the crockpot, and come home to dinner was ideal. My whole family loved it, and I was quite proud!
tastes like soup can special
I used green enchilada sauce. Good
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchilada Casserole >
- Enchiladas >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >