Slow-Cooked Beef Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 7-1/4 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- Chopped lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- Rub roast with taco seasoning. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion and broth. Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; cool slightly. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking juices in a saucepan; discard remaining juices. Skim fat from reserved juices. Shred beef with two forks; return to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and cold water until smooth; add to saucepan. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into meat mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture off center on each tortilla; top with chilies and 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, seam side down. Top with enchilada sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, top with chopped lettuce and tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 enchilada: 551 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1388mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Jan 3, 2019
I made this as stated except that my enchilada sauce was a 14 oz can. There was plenty of meat that if needed one could make 8 enchiladas. I tried to make the sauce for the meat, but it didn't turn out; it was too much flour for the water that it just clumped together. Instead I used the extra enchilada sauce. Super yummy! My husband said to not even bother making any other enchiladas but these.