Slow-Cooked Broccoli Recipe
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, partially thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, soup, 1 cup cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle crackers on top; dot with butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Broccoli
Sort By :
Very, very good. I used fresh broccoli and have a couple of comments in that regard. I was intending to use some stems when I cut the broccoli but ended up using only the flowerets. Six cups of fresh broccoli flowerets (about 1-1/2 pounds) fed 5 adults and 2 kids with maybe a tablespoon left over. The next time I prepare this dish, and I will prepare it again, I will use slightly more broccoli, 2 pounds for sure, and I will use more cream of celery soup. I think adding more soup will make it creamier. Mine was a bit on the dry side. I used Keebler Club Crackers (Original) and they were perfect. I was concerned about cooking time thinking that fresh broccoli would take longer - I decided to give it 4 hours on high. This was way too long. Easily 2-1/2 to 3 hours on high would have been fine. This dish is delicious, easy, and full of flavor and I prepared it for our Thanksgiving dinner. Being able to use the crock pot was a huge plus. This recipe is a keeper for our Thanksgiving menu next year.
I think I've been using this recipe since it was published in the 1999 TOH cookbook. It's a great no-fuss side dish.
Made this at Thanksgiving. Nice to have something to put in the crock pot and not worry about it, another thing to watch over and make sure was done at the proper time. Of course i did have to put it on at the right time, but once i did that was it. Tasted delish too.
My family loves this recipe and I love how easy and convenient it is. It's a standby for holidays.