This casserole is quick to assemble and full of good flavor. Even those who don't usually like broccoli enjoy it served this way. Since it simmers in a slow cooker, it frees up my oven for other things when I'm preparing a big meal.
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, partially thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, soup, 1 cup cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle crackers on top; dot with butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Broccoli in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p39
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review