- 2 cans (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2/3 cups water, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled and seeded cucumber
- 3/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Cucumber slices
- Pulse beans, cumin, paprika, cayenne and 1/3 cup water in food processor until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan, cook quinoa with remaining 1-1/3 cups water according to package directions. Fluff with fork; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons lime juice. Set aside. Meanwhile, mash together avocados, 2 tablespoons sour cream, cilantro and remaining lime juice.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. dish, layer bean mixture, quinoa, avocado mixture, remaining sour cream, tomatoes, chopped cucumber, zucchini and onion. Serve immediately with cucumber slices for dipping, or refrigerate. Yield: 32 servings
Originally published as Skinny Quinoa Veggie Dip in Taste of Home September/October 2016, p60
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Skinny Quinoa Veggie Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2016
"Terrible recipe, its more like a salad than a dip. This looks very deceiving from the photo."