This dish is chock-full of flavor, and the little spice from the kielbasa makes a nice hearty combo for a flavorful meal-in-one. —Barbara Brittain, Santee, California
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 pound fully cooked boneless ham, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, ham, carrots, celery and onion; cook and stir until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Cassoulet in Reminisce Extra March 2010, p53
Reviews for Skillet Cassoulet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review