- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 pound fully cooked boneless ham, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, ham, carrots, celery and onion; cook and stir until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Cassoulet
"This turned out pretty good. A lot of flavor that got even better the next day. I doubled the recipe so we would have left-overs for lunch the next day. Easy to make and I will fix this again."
"Husband thought this was tasty. Frankly, a lot of men would go for a dish like this. I left out the ham and doubled the turkey kielbasa. Next time I might add the ham in, though. I used "Butterball" brand turkey kielbasa and we both thought this brand had a ton of decent flavor--a wee bit better turkey flavor than "Hillshire". I do all the kitchen cooking in my house and having hit the age of 60 and still working full-time, I have been hunting for less prep-intensive recipes. This was so easy to prepare! Be sure to cut the carrots into a small dice so they are done when the rest of the veggies are cooked. I did add a bit of Cajun seasoning since hubby likes that kind of flavor. I did not use no-sodium products--never do."
"I made this with Hebrew National Beef frankfurters and canned tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, omitting spices. It would have been better had I followed the recipe more closely, but it was still good. It was too salty for me. It is good for a quick weeknight meal, and hubby thought it was great. Worth making again."
"This recipe is so quick and easy and tasty. It has become a keeper in our house. I often fix it on Saturdays when I am not in a "cooking" mood."
"We loved this dish--I doubled the recipe and everything came out beautifully. Would definitely make it again."