Canned soup creates a comforting gravy for tender pork and potatoes in this simple meal-in-one from Mike Avery of Battle Creek, Michigan. Feel free to vary the amount of onion soup mix in the recipe to suit your family's tastes.
- 6 to 8 medium carrots (1 pound), coarsely chopped
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Place carrots and potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork chops, onion, soup mix and soup. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop Dinner in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Simple Pork Chop Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review