- 6 to 8 medium carrots (1 pound), coarsely chopped
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Place carrots and potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork chops, onion, soup mix and soup. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Simple Pork Chop Dinner
"Very good! I seasoned the pork with a spice blend, Pikes Peak ( any blend would do). I think it gave the pork a little more flavor. I also added a sliced small red pepper. I omitted the potatoes and served the pork dish with Spanish rice. quick to pull together in the morning before running out the door."
"Was not impressed with this recipe. While the pork turned out tender, it lacked flavor.."
"My husband loved it! One of the best dishes he has ever had!"
"made this for dinner last night. My husband loved it, I thought it was good but could use a little more seasoning. The pork chops were very tender. Will make again."
"Easy and delicious. We loved it."
"This was super easy to make and the gravy was fantastic. I will be making this again."
"Easy! Delicious! Family really like this ... thinking I could omit the chunk potatoes, and use the gravy on mashed potatoes since have to make 2 entrees some nights due to picky eaters :( On the seasoning issue-- I used some No Salt seasoning and healthy Request Mushroom soup (due to sodium in onion soup mix). No one complained! Thanks! This recipe is a winner."
"Made it today an it was a hit with the family."
"I browned the chops in oil before putting in the slow cooker. My family loved this recipe and asked me to make it again!"