- 3 slices Italian bread, cubed
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bunches romaine, torn
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 8 pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- For croutons, spritz bread cubes with butter-flavored spray; place in a bowl. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic powder; toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once or twice. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, olives, Parmesan cheese, onion and pepperoncini. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Top with croutons. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Salad in Light & Tasty October 2005, p9
Reviews for Simple Italian Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >