Simple Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add potatoes and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Simple Au Gratin Potatoes
Sort By :
"I've looked for years for a recipe that cooks the potatoes completely and now I've found it. Very tasty and quick to put together. Not one complaint or alteration needed:)"
"First time making this recipe. The neighbors that I shared it with and myself said it was really good. It had good flavor and the potatoes were perfect. I usually share with my friends when trying new recipes. I like the way this recipe is put together."
"My family says "you knocked it outta the ballpark with this one"! I think that means I'll be buying more potatoes :). Easy to make too (and I'm a novice cook at best)! We truly love this!"
"It is awesome"