- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add potatoes and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Simple Au Gratin Potatoes
Sort By :
"These were so easy and delicious. I halved the recipe because there is just hubby & myself. I used part cheddar and part pepper jack because that's what I had in the house. I grated the onion so the flavor would be throughout the dish. Very enjoyable."
"Good basic recipe I will tweek this to make it El Paso and Corbell family perfect (for us). Thanks for a great start!"
"Delicious easy to prepare. I fix this potato dish every couple of weeks . So not to tired of it to soon."
"Easy, delicious, and a hit! I added more cheese because... why not!?"
"Made these yesterday and followed recipe! Delicious!"