- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add potatoes and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Simple Au Gratin Potatoes
Sort By :
"Easy, delicious, and a hit! I added more cheese because... why not!?"
"Made these yesterday and followed recipe! Delicious!"
"Made this for Easter dinner and followed the recipe. Loved it and will definitely make it again."
"Turns out great every time! I add a pound of sausage for a no-hassle meal that everyone loves!"
"Enjoyed this recipe. I added bacon and a couple different cheeses. My family loved it."