- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium cucumbers, quartered and sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a large bowl. Gently stir in avocado. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Shrimp Veggie Salad
Sort By :
"A Very delightful salad! It will definitely be on the menu regularly!"
"I absolutely loves this salad, made a slight variation and used english cukes and actually combined it with a lettuce salad and it was an absolute hit."
"Reminds me of a lovely pico de gallo. Therefore I used a combination of both lemon and lime juice. Awesome, awesome. Very tasty. Only used 1 avacado, a Florida one, as they are so large. Lovely when you first make it and left overnight, it is even more flavorful. You could, if you wish, add some tomato juice and turn it into a soup. This will be one of my 'staples' during the summer."
"Very refreshing for a summer salad. The lemon juice keeps the avocados fresh :)"
"Good made 1/2 with shrimp and 1/2 with scallops, both broiled with some Old Bay sprinkled on top. Used only 1 seeded cuke and 1 big Florida avocado . Substituted a half of a habanero for the jalapeños . Just used a touch, maybe a 1/4 tsp at most, of sea salt. Made early in the day so flavors would meld, but didn't put the avocado in til about 20 minutes before serving. Very good and still delicious the next night too!"