- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain tortellini mixture; add to skillet. Stir in salt, thyme, pepper and remaining oil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Toss(13)
Sort By :
I made this lady night and it was wonderful. So easy to make and very flavorful.
Not bad. My husband liked it. He suggested using tortellini stuffed with Portobello mushrooms next time.
Super quick & easy to make. Tastes great!
Made this twice so far. First time followed the recipe exactly as written. This has a nice mild flavor. It was also good preheated for lunch at work. The second time I used tricolored tortellini and used corn & peas. These subtle changes didn't really change the flavor
Anything with shrimp appeals to me. I live in Tampa where shrimp is a local catch, so this recipe is right down my alley.. I have made similar dishes, but nothing with the refrigerated tortellini.. so I just knew this would be a favorite. I added a splash of Greek salad dressing to the pan just before serving, along with a spritz of lemon juice. As a volunteer field editor, I rate this recipe as a five star excellent.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >