- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain tortellini mixture; add to skillet. Stir in salt, thyme, pepper and remaining oil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Toss
"Wow! This is really good!"
"I don't like shrimp but my family seemed to like it."
"Very easy, quick meal. I added mushrooms and scallions and omitted thyme. Needed to add parmesan cheese for more flavor. A little bland but overall a good recipe."
"Fast, easy, and delicious. My whole family gobbled it up! I like the mushroom idea suggested by KittieCatt...will try adding some next time. But overall a great weeknight recipe."
"It was fast and easy to make. A whole meal in one pan."