- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- Sesame rice crackers
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spread cream cheese onto a large serving platter; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with onions, peanuts and spinach. Drizzle with sweet-and-sour sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 36 servings (1/4 cup each).
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sesame Chicken Dip
Sort By :
This is so good! I added shredded carrots to it, and cut way down on the cream cheese (just one 8 oz package). Everyone started scooping it onto their plates and just eating it with a fork. It was that good! It would make a nice filling for a sandwich, too.
Wicked good! I used sweet Thai chili sauce instead of the sweet & sour sauce and added some shredded carrot and cilantro.
I'm not able to find sesame rice crackers. What would be a good substitute?
Just made for a neighborhood get together and everyone loved it! Sesame oil adds a fabulous aroma to a cold dip...yum! I am thinking about making it without the cream cheese and using it as a sesame chicken salad topping over greens to create a tasty salad with an asian kick.
When I make taco dip the cream cheese layer is a little too thick also. I just thin it out with a little milk and it spreads and dips just fine. I plan to make this recipe for a graduation party.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >