- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- Sesame rice crackers
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spread cream cheese onto a large serving platter; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with green onions, peanuts and spinach. Drizzle with sweet-and-sour sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 36 servings (1/4 cup each).
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sesame Chicken Dip
"This is delicious, I've been making it for years. It always gets gobbled right up. Always get asked for the recipe. Sesame rice crackers are a must with this."
"This is so good! I added shredded carrots to it, and cut way down on the cream cheese (just one 8 oz package). Everyone started scooping it onto their plates and just eating it with a fork. It was that good! It would make a nice filling for a sandwich, too."
"Wicked good! I used sweet Thai chili sauce instead of the sweet & sour sauce and added some shredded carrot and cilantro."
"I'm not able to find sesame rice crackers. What would be a good substitute?"
"Just made for a neighborhood get together and everyone loved it! Sesame oil adds a fabulous aroma to a cold dip...yum! I am thinking about making it without the cream cheese and using it as a sesame chicken salad topping over greens to create a tasty salad with an asian kick."