Scrambled Egg Casserole with Cheese Sauce Recipe
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- To make cheese sauce, in a large skillet, melt butter; stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the salt, pepper and cheese; stir until cheese melts. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute ham and green onion in 3 tablespoons butter until onion is tender. Add eggs and cook over medium heat until eggs are set; stir in mushrooms and cheese sauce.
- Spoon eggs into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine topping ingredients; spread evenly over egg mixture. Cover; chill overnight. Uncover; bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Scrambled Egg Casserole with Cheese Sauce
Sort By :
This is wonderful!! So creamy and cheesy, I will make this again, maybe for overnight guests.
This was so good! Next time I'm going to put down a layer of hashbrown potatoes first, just because there is so much sauce, I think it could handle another layer.