When I was a child, I loved eating at my grandma's house, especially when she baked this comforting apple dish. As a busy mother of seven, I'm often short on time, so I use the microwave to fix it quickly. My family enjoys its "apple pie" flavor with a meal or topped with ice cream for dessert. -Sandy Daniels, Grandville, Michigan
- 10 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 8 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Place apples in a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. Dot with butter. Cover and microwave on high for 11-12 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring every 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Apples in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p31
Reviews for Scalloped Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review