Scalloped Apples Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 10 cups thinly sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples (about 8)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs (about 4 slices)
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 281 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 4, 2011
This recipe was easy, quick, and very tasty. My entire family enjoyed it, and the leftovers heat up well in the microwave. I did use Splenda instead of sugar, however. Next time I will drizzle a small amount of carmel ice cream topping over the finished product for a change of pace.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.