This warm cranberry casserole is a nice substitute for traditional cranberry relish. It's been a staple on my holiday table ever since my aunt gave me the recipe many years ago.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4-1/2 cups cubed bread (about 5 slices)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until berries pop. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 388 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Scalloped Cranberries in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Nov 26, 2010
We don't usually like the usual cranberry relish and I had some fresh cranberries to try something with. What a wonderful surprise! This turned out excellent and I will make this each year from now on!