These tender chops from Jana Christian of Farson, Wyoming are perfect for a hectic weeknight because they're so easy to prep. But they're also a real bargain at about 77 cents per serving.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides over medium heat.
- Combine the beer, ketchup and brown sugar; pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Savory Beer Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p44
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Savory Beer Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review