Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, cabbage, tomatoes, broth and soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Stir in tortellini; cook 7-9 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Sausage Tortellini Soup(8)
Sort By :
Yummy soup! I used Italian Sausage tortellini so I omitted the sausage. I'm sure I used more than 2 cups of cabbage also. Next time I will add more broth since I didn't have much "soup". Also added 1 diced zucchini. Looking forward to making again!
Loved it super easy to make and very tasty!
Super yummy! I made it a while ago, but I probably subbed beef consume for the french onion since I don't like onions.
very good the whole family enjoyed. Used leftover Italian sausages! Definately a fantatic fall/winter soup!
We loved this soup -- child age 6 to adult!
I am currently nursing so i substituted spinach for the cabbage and added the whole package of totellini (could only find a 20 oz package). It was fantastic like this as well! Have made this again and again!
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Sausage Soup >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >