Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, cabbage, tomatoes, broth and soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Stir in tortellini; cook 7-9 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Sausage Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
"Made this for dinner tonight. I didn't have a can of french onion soup so I used a can of consomme and sliced an onion and a carrot, and cooked those in a little butter before adding everything else. Next time I make it, I will make sure and have an extra can of broth, there wasn't a whole lot of liquid when it was done, or maybe that's just my own personal preference."
"Delicious and easy soup! I laid everything out and my dear husband made it for us for supper (he gets home earlier than I do). It had a wonderful rich flavor and the only thing we added was a side of garlic bread. Warmed our tummies with a hearty meal on a cold and damp night. We used a package of frozen cheese tortellini instead of the refrigerated verion, a can of the French onion soup starter sauce that is out now and a quart jar of our home-canned tomatoes. This recipe is a definite keeper--thanks for sharing it!"
"Fantastic recipe!!! It's quick, easy and a real crowd pleaser.....even my picky girlfriend asked for seconds!!!!"
"Yummy soup! I used Italian Sausage tortellini so I omitted the sausage. I'm sure I used more than 2 cups of cabbage also. Next time I will add more broth since I didn't have much "soup". Also added 1 diced zucchini. Looking forward to making again!"
"Loved it super easy to make and very tasty!"