Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, cabbage, tomatoes, broth and soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Stir in tortellini; cook 7-9 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Sausage Tortellini Soup(10)
Sort By :
Delicious and easy soup! I laid everything out and my dear husband made it for us for supper (he gets home earlier than I do). It had a wonderful rich flavor and the only thing we added was a side of garlic bread. Warmed our tummies with a hearty meal on a cold and damp night. We used a package of frozen cheese tortellini instead of the refrigerated verion, a can of the French onion soup starter sauce that is out now and a quart jar of our home-canned tomatoes. This recipe is a definite keeper--thanks for sharing it!
Fantastic recipe!!! It's quick, easy and a real crowd pleaser.....even my picky girlfriend asked for seconds!!!!
Yummy soup! I used Italian Sausage tortellini so I omitted the sausage. I'm sure I used more than 2 cups of cabbage also. Next time I will add more broth since I didn't have much "soup". Also added 1 diced zucchini. Looking forward to making again!
Loved it super easy to make and very tasty!
Super yummy! I made it a while ago, but I probably subbed beef consume for the french onion since I don't like onions.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Sausage Soup >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >