- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes in oil for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in onion; saute for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the sausage, sauerkraut, pepper and salt. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage and Sauerkraut
Sort By :
"Very easy preparation, and really good hearty meal with your veggie and meat in one dish."
"This was a very easy and absolutely delicious meal. I would recommend this dish to anyone open to German food culture. The taste is great and really makes you feel like your eating a meal from germany. Plus its quick and easy for all you busy nights. Enjoy it and share it."
"Very easy to make . If you like sauerkraut you will live this recipe. Very Good!"
"Been making this for years. Add a few green peppers toss until al dente. Extra special yummy. Use fresh Polish Kielbasa for even better results."
"I make this as I love sauerkraut but I add caraway seeds to it. Very good."