- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes in oil for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in onion; saute for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the sausage, sauerkraut, pepper and salt. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage and Sauerkraut
"Very good and oh, SO easy! I used frozen southern style hashbrowns in place of cubing my own potatoes. Thank you so much for this recipe!"
"Very easy to make, and very good. A"
"Very easy preparation, and really good hearty meal with your veggie and meat in one dish."
"Very easy to make . If you like sauerkraut you will live this recipe. Very Good!"
"Been making this for years. Add a few green peppers toss until al dente. Extra special yummy. Use fresh Polish Kielbasa for even better results."
"I make this as I love sauerkraut but I add caraway seeds to it. Very good."
"This was more delicious than I expected it to be! I boiled the potatoes the day before so I could make this in less time. My sauerkraut came in a jar and was imported from Germany; I did not rinse it and I did not add salt. Good stuff!"
"Love this receipe. But I go a little further and fry up some bacon pieces until crispy then add the other ingredients. Fabulous !!!"