Sausage and Sauerkraut Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes in oil for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in onion; saute for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the sausage, sauerkraut, pepper and salt. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage and Sauerkraut(9)
Sort By :
Very yummy! I did not have white potatoes so I used sweet potatoes instead. Made it colorful and so, so good!
great dish, easy and quick. takes a little more time to brown the potatoes, but worth it.
So easy and so good! Loved it!
I made it with frozen Potatoes O'brien (onion and green pepper included) and it was SO quick and easy....and YUMMY!
I use Turkey smoked sausage, sauerkraut, cabbage, chicken broth, garlic onion and pepper..awesome. And serve with biscuits. Try it I know you will love it.