- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread cubes, cheese and sausage.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage and Egg Casserole
Sort By :
"Very delicious and easy to make."
"Great recipe. I made this for a Sunday morning and added some green peppers, red peppers and onions. I like these recipes because they're basic and you can add what you want to suit your family's personal taste."
"This was fantastic! I tweaked it with hot sausage and green chili, since my husband is a bit of a fiend for spicy things. I didn't let it soak overnight, but I was using thin wheat bread, so it turned out fine."
"Made this for my teenage son who likes to eat a hot breakfast every morning before school. Liked that there was plenty of meat in the recipe! He loved it and I plan on rotating this recipe through every so many weeks."
"This is a fantastic recipe that is sure to satify! Substituted ground turkey and Texas-style bread. Added 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Next time will consider adding a little cayenne pepper. Served with a few fresh orange wedges. Very easy to make. Would be a great idea for a brunch with friends."