- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread cubes, cheese and sausage.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage and Egg Casserole
Sort By :
"Made this for my teenage son who likes to eat a hot breakfast every morning before school. Liked that there was plenty of meat in the recipe! He loved it and I plan on rotating this recipe through every so many weeks."
"This is a fantastic recipe that is sure to satify! Substituted ground turkey and Texas-style bread. Added 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Next time will consider adding a little cayenne pepper. Served with a few fresh orange wedges. Very easy to make. Would be a great idea for a brunch with friends."
"Really good. We had this on Christmas morning. Super easy to put together the night before."
"I make this every year for Christmas morning breakfast because I can throw it together the night before and just put in the oven in the morning. Only thing I do different, is I use a bag of Tator Tots instead o the bread. Every time I try to do something different, I hear complaints. This one is a tradition."
"Loved this recipe and easy to make. After reading the reviews, I left out the salt and didn't miss it a bit. I also served picante sauce with this and everyone loved it. This recipe is definitely a keeper."