- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup or mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir in ham. Reduce heat to low; cook 6-8 hours longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
Sort By :
This is a perfect recipe for my family! Son doesnt like cheese at all, and was looking for a recipe that was filling and would use left over ham. Voila! here it is!! Other reviewers are correct, scalloped potatoes do not have cheese, au gratin does :) Thank you for posting this!
Dear cooks, I haven't tried this yet, but I will. Has anyone made it with just the oldfashioned cheesy white sauce? I don't use canned soup in my cooking anymore since I read the salt content. Most of these soups have over 800 mgs of salt?
Get a grip rude people. If you were as smart as you think you are you would know that by adding cheese makes them "augratin" potatoes not scalloped so apparently the lady made scalloped potatoes now huh?!
Great recipe! I was looking for one with evaporated milk (doesn't separate over a long cooking period), and you provided me with a masterpiece. Thanks for sharing!