- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. In a large skillet, brown patties on both sides. Remove and set aside; drain drippings.
In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Return patties to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Freeze option: Cool beef patties in sauce. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in patties reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Saucy Beef Patties
"Husband liked it, but I thought it was just ok. It lacked something in the sauce. Not sure if it needed a little salt or what."
"Followed the recipe and ingredient list exactly. Very tasty. There is about 2-3 Tbsp of sauce per patty because it reduces and thickens while cooking, which was perfect for us. I served it with potato salad and sliced tomatoes."
"Good flavor. I need to make it in a smaller pan so it's saucier......the sauce spread out all over the bottom of the pan and was hard to 'spoon' it over the patties when serving. Will make it again!"
"Delicious and simple! I sub'd ground turkey for the ground beef and had to sub ketchup for the tomato sauce since I forgot to get any at the grocery store. Will definitely be making this again!"
"A delicious, easy supper. The sauce was amazing. Wish I had doubled it, too. It would have been delicious served over the garlic mashed potatoes I served with the beef patties."