- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. In a large skillet, brown patties on both sides. Remove and set aside; drain drippings.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Return patties to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Saucy Beef Patties
Sort By :
A delicious, easy supper. The sauce was amazing. Wish I had doubled it, too. It would have been delicious served over the garlic mashed potatoes I served with the beef patties.
My grandmother made a similar recipe for years. She called it Creole Hamburgers. My mother and I assumed she had created the recipe. She did this quite often.
The best thing is to use any extra sauce as gravy over the mashed potatoes. And, Grandma put about a 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon in the sauce.
I thank Taste of Home for putting this on their website. I recently became a Diabetic. Now that the nutrition values are on this page, I know how many carbs this family favorite has!
This is the same sauce have used for years to top my stuffed peppers, always have to make extra, soooo good.
My family loved this! This is a keeper.
Super easy to prepare and pretty tasty too. I doubled the sauce recipe, just because I like lots of sauce. They're like little sweet and sour meatloaves. I don't have kids, but I imagine this would be a big hit with them. Definitely worth adding to your recipe box!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >