Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cup finely chopped cooked potatoes
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out a fourth of the pastry into an 8-in. circle. Mound 1 cup filling on half of circle. Moisten edges with water; fold dough over filling and press the edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Cut slits in top of each; brush with cream. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 724 calories, 33g fat (14g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 12, 2017
I always make my own pastry crust and when these pot-roast and veggie pasties have been placed on the plates of my family--it was ooh-la-la! I have made these several times and am in the process of making them for tonight's dinner--I came to this site to get the recipe baking instructions. I just had to comment while I was here! I DO protect the sealed crust edges with foil to keep them as tender as the rest of the little pies.
Mar 16, 2010
Very good use of leftover pot roast!