Loaded Cheddar-Corn Potato Patties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes1 dozen (1 cup sauce)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1-3/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and 2 tablespoons green onion; refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, mix the potato flakes, cornmeal, garlic salt and paprika. Add the milk, corn, cheese and remaining green onions; mix until blended. Using 1/2 cupfuls, shape mixture into twelve 3-1/2-in. patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Cook patties in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 9, 2018
Bland bland bland. Tasted like grainy potatoes with corn mushed in. They fell apart before, during, and after cooking. What a waste of time!
Jul 23, 2012
The first time I made these they fell apart. The second time I traded the 1/3 cup of cornmeal for one package of jiffy corn bread mix and one egg. They held together and tasted great. I shared this recipe with other family members too.
Jul 23, 2012
At first I wasn't sure these were going to turn out. I let the mixture sit for 5 minutes or so to let the milk soak in. Then I was able to make them into patties. I also added some cayenne pepper after I tasted the first batch and they were kind of bland. An interesting mixture of potato pancake and corn fritter.