- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa in a small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with the tomatoes, minced cilantro and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
"This was good--will make again, but with a milder salsa!!!"
"This was good. I used flour tortillas and cut them into 1/4. My family didn't rave about this recipe but they liked it."
"Excellent! Not too spicy, so 6 year old loved it. Used flour tortillas because didn't have corn tortillas on hand. Tore then into pieces per prior reviews."
"i absolutely love this recipe. Ive made several versions to accomodate family members with allergies, and i haven't found one that i didn't like.!!!"
"Family loves this recipe. I really like the fact that it is so versatile. I've made it several times and tried some of the suggestions of reviewers, as well as creating my own versions. I prefer fresh tomatoes to canned, but drained canned diced tomatoes with chili's is great when in a hurry.Great recipe."