- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa in a small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with the tomatoes, minced cilantro and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
"If you like casserole with a different twist, this is a really delish and easy recipe. It tastes like enchillas-ish from those not-so-Mexican restaurants. But it works for us when we are looking for easy and delish weekday meals. I added jalape?os (since I am out of green chiles) this time. I also serve it with avocado to it."
"We love this recipe. It's one of our favorites -- fresh tasting and delicious. It's what I often make for friends who have had babies or just need a meal, and people always rave about it. More than one person has said it's hands down the best meal anyone made for them."
"Great! Family loved it."
"This was good--will make again, but with a milder salsa!!!"