- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese or pepper Jack cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, broth, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and corn is tender. Add salsa and heat through. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Salsa Chicken Soup
Sort By :
I LOVE this recipe - it is my go-to. The only thing I add extra is a can of diced tomato's, sauce and all. :)
This is delicious soup and is cheap on the calories. Perfect for dieting without giving up taste.
This is great, easy to make soup! Don't forget to serve with sour cream to cut the spice...I liked it okay, but our company thought it a bit hot!
My Husband says this is the Soups of Soups! I used a large jar of corn salsa but same results! Shared it with my best friend from Church...She says it beats (top Lable brand) soup! Your recipe is total happiness!
Our family favorite especiall on a cold winter night, i add black beans and some cilantro to make it my own...so good
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >