- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese or pepper Jack cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, broth, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and corn is tender. Add salsa and heat through. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Salsa Chicken Soup
Sort By :
"Very tasty! We doubled the recipe and threw in some corn chips in our bowls and loved it. Will make again for sure!"
"Great recipe. So healthy and easy and still tastey. 1 cup is only 2 WW points"
"I LOVE this recipe - it is my go-to. The only thing I add extra is a can of diced tomato's, sauce and all. :)"
"This is delicious soup and is cheap on the calories. Perfect for dieting without giving up taste."
"This is great, easy to make soup! Don't forget to serve with sour cream to cut the spice...I liked it okay, but our company thought it a bit hot!"