Salmon with Vegetable Salsa Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and salt; set aside.
- Drizzle salmon with lime juice. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper. In a large skillet, cook fillets in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Vegetable Salsa
Sort By :
"This is one of the best recipes I have ever tried. I will make the salsa again and again to serve with other meats, chips, salads, etc. So simple to make and so healthy. I used exactly the amount of cayenne and jalpena as called for in the recipe and the degree of heat was perfect for our family--subtle but definitely present. If you like things really hot, definitely add more of both."
"Made this for a family dinner and was told it was one of the best things I've ever made! Served this with rice pilaf which was a nice complement to the dish. I will definitely make this again."
"So refreshing, enjoyed this recipe very much loved the combination of salmon and veggie salsa and will definitely do again! thank you!"
"This was delicious! I made it almost exactly like it was written, but I broiled the salmon in olive oil instead of butter. The salsa was fabulous, & they tasted really good together! My son & daughter both loved it, & my husband liked it too. This is definitely a keeper."