“This salmon has an excellent delicate flavor. I like to prepare this dish on Friday nights; it's very fast and easy. It's light in calories and delicious too.” Agnes Ward - Stratford, Ontario
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Dip fillets in flour mixture. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook salmon in oil over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Add sherry, stirring to loosen browned bits from the pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Supreme with Ginger Soy Sauce in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p61
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon Supreme with Ginger Soy Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2009
"We loved this! This is really delicious and super-easy. A great way to get a healthy fish into your diet."